Compilation instruction

Maxime. Haselbauer maxime.haselbauer at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 11 12:11:26 BST 2021

Hi thanks for your message, I just tried, in a neon container.
It does not run.
It seems to me like a very complicated way of building.
Is there a script that installs all building dependencies with apt  and
then only compiles elisa itself ? (skipping compilation of all KDE stuff,
since on a neon image it should be available anyway) ?
I think having such a script and running on CI would allow to make 100.0%
sure it is compilable with one command at any time. Would be a big
advantage to get going and people involved .

Best regards.

$kdesrc-build elisa
Building elisa from kdemultimedia (76/76)
        Cloning elisa
        Source update complete for elisa: 331 files affected.
        Preparing build system for elisa.
        Running cmake targeting Unix Makefiles...
        Compiling... succeeded (after 2 minutes, and 43 seconds)
        Note: -- 5 -- compile warnings
        Installing.. succeeded (after 0 seconds)

<<<  PACKAGES SUCCESSFULLY BUILT  >>>
Built 74 modules

<<<  PACKAGES FAILED TO BUILD  >>>
kwindowsystem - ~/kde/src/log/2021-04-11-01/kwindowsystem/cmake.log
kidletime - ~/kde/src/log/2021-04-11-01/kidletime/cmake.log

:-(

$cat ~/kde/src/log/2021-04-11-01/kidletime/cmake.log
-- Found X11_XCB: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11-xcb.so (found version
"1.6.9")
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:72 (message):

  Neither the XSync (libXext) nor XScreensaver (libXss) development package
  was found.

  Please install one of them (XSync is recommended)

$ sudo apt install libxext-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libxext-dev is already the newest version (2:1.3.4-0ubuntu1).
required:
  libc-ares2 libnode64 nodejs nodejs-doc python3-commandnotfound
python3-gdbm
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 222 not upgraded.