introduction and questions

Be be.0 at gmx.com
Sat Nov 28 23:46:13 GMT 2020

I would like to start hacking on Elisa... but that requires getting it
to build locally without being unusably slow.

I think using Zulip for chat has been the best thing we've done for the
growth of the Mixxx community (we only had a barely-used Freenode
channel and a SourceForge mailing list before that). The way Zulip
forces conversations to be organized makes it much easier to pay
attention to what you want, have multiple conversations simultaneously,
and makes it easy to catch up when you've been away for a while. However
I know other KDE projects use Matrix and KDE provides a Matrix server. I
don't know if there's a KDE policy that KDE project should use the KDE
provided infrastructure. Creating a #elisa room on the KDE Matrix server
would make it easy for other KDE contributors to participate.