Aw: Migration to Gitlab

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 19:56:42 BST 2019

Hello,

On Sunday, October 6, 2019 2:33:43 PM CEST Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Friday, October 4, 2019 6:23:59 PM CEST Alexander Stippich wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a tiny bit of experience with gitlab. It seems to be the way
> > forward
> > for KDE and phabricator has its set of issues, so I'm in favor of this.
>
> I will ask sysadmin to do the move. Thanks.

The migration has been completed and code contributions have to go through
invent.kde.org.
Thanks a lot for the support from the sysadmins.

> > Just one question about the transition: Do we carry over the revision and
> > tasks from phabricator to gitlab at one point or do we just slowly phase
> > out phabricator by putting the new stuff on gitlab?
>
> I think that the open revisions can stay on phabricator but will need to
> land on gitlab.
> On the other hand, we ought to move fully such that it is easy to understand
> what is the current development workflow for contributors to Elisa. What do
> you think ?

[...]

This page https://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual has some
instructions on how to use git with invent.kde.org .
The tasks will be migrated KDE wide later and should stay on Phabricator.
Existing reviews can still be reviewed on Phabricator but will have to go
through gitlab anyway.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions

Best regards
--