Packaging and License feedback

Aurélien COUDERC coucouf at coucouf.fr
Thu Sep 27 14:35:06 BST 2018

Le 26/09/2018 à 22:43, Matthieu Gallien a écrit :
> Hello Aurélien,

Hi Matthieu,

> On vendredi 14 septembre 2018 00:05:27 CEST Coucouf wrote:

>> Regarding the license headers I was in fact doing the same in parallel but
>> have more files in my diff than you do (163 vs. 155).
>> It may well be du to the commits that landed since I branch but you may
>> still want to have a look at [1].
>> At least src/qml/PassiveNotification.qml has a slightly different header is
>> definitely missing the fix.
>
> Yes, this file and maybe some others are coming from other projects and thus
> are under LGPL v2+ that is compatible with the license of Elisa as a whole.

Ah indeed I may have overseen files that were actually LGPLv2(+) where "GNU
Library General Public License" was the correct license naming.
But there still a couple files in current master that have "GNU Library" + v3 :
- autotests/elisaqmltestplugin.cpp
- src/upnp/didlparser.cpp
- src/upnp/upnpcontentdirectorymodel.cpp
- src/upnp/upnpcontrolconnectionmanager.cpp
- src/upnp/upnpcontrolcontentdirectory.cpp
- src/upnp/upnpcontrolmediaserver.cpp
- src/upnp/upnpdiscoverallmusic.cpp
- src/upnp/upnplistener.cpp

> Please let me know if there are other issues preventing proper inclusion in
> Debian.

I think we’re good for an upstream point of view.
On the Debian side there was unfortunately a previous package called "elisa"
with a version number bigger than this project so I’m not clear yet what I’m
going to do.
I liked the idea of the package being just "elisa" but to avoid any version
conflict with the older package I should version it 1.1+really0.2.1 in Debian
and carry the +really until we catch up with the former project’s version.
Or use another name like elisa-music-player which I find a bit cumbersome
but would at least avoid any version conflict.

On another topic, I’ve made a patch to improve cover detection at [0] which
you may want to have a look at.
Maybe my music library is organized like crap but the current code was much
too restrictive to find most of my covers. ;-)
I don’t think there were unit tests for that particular code but if you want
me to add some, directions are welcome.

Regarding cover detection I noticed while adding additional logs that Elisa
was always trying to find covers for all sound files (probably due to the fact
that they are known to baloo). It looks like T9082 [1] but I thought I would
mention here in case it’s something different.

Lastly I’ve opened an application for a developer account on the KDE identity
website and put you as a reference, I hope that’s fine with you.
This would let me contribute into phabricator directly in the future.

[0] https://framagit.org/Coucouf/elisa/tree/relax-cover-files-constraints
[1] https://phabricator.kde.org/T9082

Cheers,
--