Cover Files Extraction Branch

Alexander Stippich a.stippich at gmx.net
Sat Nov 17 17:01:18 GMT 2018

Hello everyone,

I've pushed a branch called cover_manager.
It contains a working solution for the extraction of cover images embedded in
the files, but also does some more stuff. So here is a list:
-reorder all platform-agnostic scanning files to a single folder
-factors out the current code for cover searching into own class called cover
manager
-add tests and simple benchmarks
-optimizations for cover searching
-extract the cover art from music files
-resize when image is too large (512x512 current maximum)
-save all covers to standard data location, e.g. the same location where the
database is located

Future things I would like to look at:
-add a QQuickImageProvider for the cover manager (opinions?)
-add functions to create artist pictures from the album covers (like in
https://community.kde.org/KDE_Visual_Design_Group/Music_Player)
-make maximum cover size configurable

I would appreciate any feedback. I _think_ currently it is necessary to delete
the old database in order to get the new images, but this is an issue
unrelated to this branch.

Best regards,
Alexander