Headerbar navigation

Diego Gangl diego at sinestesia.co
Fri Jun 29 13:47:49 UTC 2018

Hey guys,

I had an idea for a cool feature the other day: make the artist and albums in the headerbar actual buttons, so clicking on them would open the corresponding view on the specific artist/album. This would be very useful when you want to listen to more of an artist or an album that happened to be playing.

I tried making a quick patch to test it but I ran into a problem. It looks like I need to call a function in ViewManager to set the view, which I can't access from HeaderBar (making a new instance didn't work). I thought about making a signal in HeaderBar, the catch it in ElisaMainWindow and call the ViewManager inside the ContentManager from there. Not sure if this would work or whether it would be an acceptable solution for you.

- What do you guys think of this feature?
- Do you think there is a reasonable way to do this? Without making too much of a mess in the code?

Cheers!

---
Diego Gangl
sinestesia.co