Port to controls2

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 21:40:03 UTC 2018

Hello Alex,

On jeudi 15 février 2018 21:27:23 CET Alexander Stippich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've pushed a branch called controls2_port to origin so everybody can test
> it. It ports everything except the action and buttons and the menu to
> controls 2, i.e. it stays at Qt 5.9.

Thanks for your work.
I have tried using the Menu from Qt.labs.platform 1.0 . The problem is that on
my setup, no icons are present in the menu.

I have one small modification ready for the branch. I would like to ask for
the desktop style from KDE frameworks. After that we could probably merge this
branch in master. It seems to work fine.

> Most notable visual difference is the metadata view since the new dialog
> component is completely different and it also does not scale correctly right
> now.

It is because Dialog in Qt Quick Controls v2 are not real dialog but popup
inside the main window of Elisa. I am trying to fix that but I have still a
sizing problem. In the meantime, we can still use the one from v1. The dialogs
from the platform qml module seems not enough flexible to allwo that. Maybe we
should just use a Window qml component.