Question regarding icon handling and location

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 21:01:59 UTC 2017

Hello,

On mardi 12 décembre 2017 20:02:52 CET Alexander Stippich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while adding a new icon for the metadata view some questions
> regarding the icon handling occurred to me.
> The icons are currently shipped with the application. Do we use the bundled
> icons or the ones from the (breeze) theme? Question comes down to: When I
> add a new icon for the metadata view, should I also add it to the
> repository?

This is more or less some remaining stuff from the first prototype of mobile
applications. I believe it is no longer really in active use.

> If yes, then the second question is about the location of the icons within
> the source tree. For some reason, some icons are in elisa/src/ and some are
> in elisa/src/windows. The elisa/icons/ folder seems like a better place for
> it. Are you okay with moving all the icons there?

In fact, my plan was to have another look at what is in kirigami2 to
automatically download the breeze icon at build time. This way, they are
always up to date. The problem with that is that some packagers will want it
to work without network access. I have to check how this is playing with
release tar generation.

All in all, the situation may be better with the new Action component in qt
quick controls v2. At least for the controls, it should be possible to remove
the Image components and use standard icons.