Draft of release announcement

Alexander Stippich a.stippich at gmx.net
Fri Dec 8 17:16:04 UTC 2017

Hello Matthieu,

overall this is a well written announcement, I think. (Not that I have any
experience in that regard). But maybe we should add some more information of
what Elisa is currently capable of, e.g. library scanning, browsing by
categories etc.

Two comments below:

On Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2017 23:08:53 CET Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a draft of the blogpost of announce of the release of version 0.0.80
> (0.1 alpha 1) of Elisa.
>
> Any feedback is welcome
>
> --
> The Elisa team is happy to release the first alpha release of a future 0.1
> version of the Elisa music player.
>
> Elisa is a music player designed to be simple and nice to use.
>
> It is available in source form only at https://download.kde.org/unstable/
> elisa/0.0.80/elisa-0.0.80.tar.xz. KDE also provides regular flatpak and
> windows builds. The windows builds are provided by bynary-factory.kde.org

This should be binary-factory.kde.org.

> and are using Craft. Thanks to the people in the flatpak and windows teams.
>
> The development is still continuing and I hope to be able to release an
> alpha version each two weeks. After that, one very important future step
> will be to go through kdereview.

Personally I would say that a release every two weeks is a little bit too
much, but since you have to handle it, it is up to you :)