Help wanted: Uploading presentation slides to website

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 22:30:09 UTC 2011

On Monday 22 August 2011 11:05:21 Carl Symons wrote:
> Any speaker should be able to go to their presentation page and click
> on the edit tab to upload slides. The slide select/upload section is
> near the bottom of the edit page. This is the preferred method of
> getting the slides up on desktopsummit.org.

Managed to wrap that in a PDF, it's now online.

> If this doesn't work for any speaker, please ask them to send a pdf to
> me and cc: Claudia and Ben so that there are several recipients. I
> will take care of getting the slides uploaded. There is a 10MB file
> size limit for these slides. Some of the presentations have exceeded
> this limit; the presenters will be contacted for lighter weight
> versions.

I've also two videos which I used during the talk. Someone is speaking on
them, that's actually part of the talk, AFAIK for the recording the sound of
the videos couldn't be captured (to be confirmed). If needed I can upload the
videos somewhere on your servers, but that's around 70MB of data, so
definitely not something I can do using the form.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net