Help wanted: Uploading presentation slides to website

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 18:05:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Inu Kim <kim at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> as far as I know, Kevin Ottens, one of the speakers couldn't put his slides to USB so you will have to send him a link where he could upload it himself directly.
>
> cheers,
>
> Inu Kim
>
> KDE e.V.

Any speaker should be able to go to their presentation page and click
on the edit tab to upload slides. The slide select/upload section is
near the bottom of the edit page. This is the preferred method of
getting the slides up on desktopsummit.org.

If this doesn't work for any speaker, please ask them to send a pdf to
me and cc: Claudia and Ben so that there are several recipients. I
will take care of getting the slides uploaded. There is a 10MB file
size limit for these slides. Some of the presentations have exceeded
this limit; the presenters will be contacted for lighter weight
versions.

I expect to have all available presentations uploaded today, and will
request slides for presentations that are missing or too large to
upload.

Carl