Skia as dependency

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 05:33:14 BST 2026


On Sunday, 6 September 2026 02:09:48 Moscow Standard Time you wrote:
> El dissabte, 5 de setembre del 2026, a les 17:19:47 (Hora d’estiu d’Europa
> 
> central), Igor Mironchik va escriure:
> > Hello.
> > 
> > I'm experimenting in PDF generation for KleverNotes and want to use Skia
> > for PDF backend.
> 
> Out of curiosity, what does Skia provide that Qt does not?

At least better support of SVG (what is not so critical, but...) More critical 
is that creating internal links in the PDF is possible only with HTML under
QTextDocument (HTML support in QTextDocument is very poor...), when a
developer need to control every symbol in PDF, make the page breaks, etc,
Qt is very poor. The all said is not so critical, more important is that the
developer need to make an HTML and somehow calculate things before
printing to PDF, for example, I want footnotes be as closer to the reference
as possible (on the same page), I off the top of my head see problems
with the implementation - I need full control what symbols where will be 
placed, what its measurements, etc...







More information about the Distributions mailing list