Skia as dependency

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Sep 6 00:09:48 BST 2026


El dissabte, 5 de setembre del 2026, a les 17:19:47 (Hora d’estiu d’Europa 
central), Igor Mironchik va escriure:
> Hello.
> 
> I'm experimenting in PDF generation for KleverNotes and want to use Skia for
> PDF backend. 

Out of curiosity, what does Skia provide that Qt does not?

Cheers,
  Albert

> I already have a ready library for it, all things are done.
> But it uses Skia that ships only as sources.
> 
> I want to hear your advices on it. I want to say that I need to put Skia
> sources int KleverNotes repository. On UNIX systems, I can do it without
> Skia's third_party folder, as all things are on board. But what about
> Windows?
> 
> Do you do packages for Windows? Does your CI have such libraries as ICU,
> harfbuzz... there?
> 
> Thank you.






More information about the Distributions mailing list