Limiting access to just SFTP?

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Sat Oct 17 11:08:19 BST 2020

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020, Ben Cooksley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sysadmin is currently in the process of preparing a replacement system to
> Milonia, and one option currently under consideration with this is reducing
> the level of access to the system we grant packagers.
>
> Currently you are all provided with fully fledged shell accounts on the
> system, which we're proposing to reduce to SFTP access only.
>
> It would be appreciated if you could please let us know if this would cause
> any issues as part of your packaging workflows.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben Cooksley
> KDE Sysadmin

Slackware point of view:
I do not care for shell access, I never used that, but please do not
take away rsync access to the pre-released source tarballs for
packagers. I do not use sftp and have no intention to switch, when
rsync is so much more powerful and efficient.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>
Home: http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/