New dependency for KPat

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Wed Sep 5 13:21:07 BST 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018, Fabian K. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've decided to push the change, so KPat now hard depends on
> freecell-solver. The rationale is that the existing solver code is
> hardly maintained anymore, and the new one provides a vastly better
> experience. I hope this causes not too much distress for our friends
> at Slackware, to whose I propose to:
> - Either locally revert fc1d54ced6a727382599d767e55879b6843c3456. In
> that case, I wouldn't triage bugs from Slackware users which relate to
> those specific game solvers, but otherwise it would be fully
> supported,
> - or try to add the required dependency to your distro,
> -  or to not package KPat. That would be a bit sad, but also not the
> end of the world.
>
> Cheers,
> Fabian

With the release of kpat-18.08.1 it is no longer possible to revert
the hard dependency on fc-solver. I still think that some care should
have been taken to prevent creating a hard dependency. My quuestion
is: can this still be reverted? Does anyone have a working patch?

As it stands, I am no longer able to compile kpat on Slackware. In my
next monthly update of the Plasma5 Desktop for Slackware, the kpat
package will have to be dropped. Sad.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>