Plasma LTS releases

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Oct 18 11:36:38 BST 2018

On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 17:32:42 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Hola distros, we're scheduling the Plasma releases for 2019 and
> wondering what is best to use with the LTSs.  Plasma 5.12 LTS was
> released in February 2018 and 5.8 LTS in October 2016.
>
> Does anyone use Plasma 5.12 LTS?

FreeBSD is basically a rolling-release distro when it comes to ports. That
said, we're still on 5.12 for technical reasons (libinput), rather than LTS
reasons. We'll still be on 5.12 for the next four months or so (end of the
year?) and by then hopefully the technical things will have finally dissolved.

[ade]