Add drivers to Discover rather than all KDE distributions doing their own?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 22:00:35 GMT 2018

Hello folks,

It's the time in the Kubuntu release cycle where we are evaluating
everything that will go into our next LTS release at the end of April. We
have "KDE Config Driver Manager" which relies on Qapt, which nothing else
does. So we can try to port away from qapt and create our own solution, or
collaborate. We would prefer to collaborate.

Is Discover a good way to handle this, or a distro-agnostic KCM? The Neon
devels have https://phabricator.kde.org/T2844 and we Kubuntu folks have
commented, but that effort seems to have stalled.

Thoughts?

Valorie, Kubuntu Release Manager

--
http://about.me/valoriez