Upgrade note for kscreenlocker to Plasma 5.10

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Mar 9 15:49:09 GMT 2017

Am 2017-03-09 08:56, schrieb Fabian Vogt:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 9. März 2017, 07:10:30 CET schrieb Martin Gräßlin:
>> Am 2017-03-08 20:12, schrieb Fabian Vogt:
>> > Hi!

>> > Thanks for letting us know!
>> > Isn't there a way to make kscreenlocker from the next 5.9 release
>> > capable
>> > of unlocking the 5.10 kcheckpass? That way nothing special would
>> > happen.
>>
>> Even if it were technically possible (which it isn't) it would not
>> solve
>> the
>> problem as we also want to support transitions like 5.8 (or earlier)
>> 5.10 (or later)
>
> Wouldn't it be technically feasible for kscreenlocker_greet to just
> restart
> itself if it notices that it cannot talk to kcheckpass anymore?

No, the old kscreenlocker_greet doesn't know anything about it. Thus it
cannot.

Trust me, if there were a solution which would not involve asking
distros to
adjust, I would have implemented it. I spend quite some time thinking
about the
problem and whether we can avoid it.

I'm sorry it is just not possible.

Cheers