What to do with potential workflow-changing / breaking changes?

teppisti-xpla xpla at teppisti.it
Sat Apr 8 14:36:10 BST 2017

The approach to run dolphin or kwrite as user and ask password when save
changes is good, from the user point of view I really don't know if I'm
running dolphin or kwrite as root or not, and I really don't care, the
important is that I can use them easily to do what I want, in this case
edit and operate on root files.
But, it is a bad approach from the freedom point of view, I use linux
mainly becouse it is very close to the concept of freedom, this approach
distance a bit linux from the concept of freedom, it moves more closer
to the concept of freedom inside a big cage not easy to climb, so only
the clever can get freedom.
May be that somebody enough skilly can patch dolphin and kwrite to use
them as root at his own risk, but I think a simple "useasroot=not" in a
config file and a red and big advice when you use dolphin as root is
better than a hardcoding.
I think that a freedom approach is better than a forbid approach.
manythanks for your work, ciao, pier :-)