Changes in translations handling for KDE Applications 17.04 RC

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 6 23:28:24 BST 2017

Hi all,

this is notice primarily directed to packagers and to translators who are
going to test the tarballs (directly or from the packages).

The upcoming tarballs of KDE Applications 17.04 RC introduce a change compared
to the beta: the translations (messages, translated documentation, data) are
now included in the tarballs but only for Frameworks 5 applications.
Translations for kdelibs4 applications and modules (like kdelibs4 itself and
kde-runtime) are still shipped inside kde-l10n* as most of the magic CMake
macros are all provided by ECM and Frameworks modules, and anyway kdelibs4
modules are going away in few cycles.

Sorry for this change late in the cycle (and thanks Albert for accepting my
spammy emails :), but better now than in 3 months. I apologize in advance for
any issue found, but I'm confident about fixing the issues before the release
(or at most before 17.04.1).
The possible issues that I foresee are most likely be:
- issues in the cmake or installation phase, due to some macros injected in
the main CMakeLists.txt;
- translations resources not in the tarballs (but I think I checked this
properly) or not installed.

Sorry again and (it goes without saying) please report the issue on one of the
two lists, even if you ping me about some issue on IRC, so that we keep track
of this.

Ciao
--
Luigi