Installing python __init__.py file from multiple KF5 frameworks

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed May 18 19:20:46 BST 2016

Luca Beltrame wrote:

> In data mercoledì 18 maggio 2016 00:09:46 CEST, Stephen Kelly ha scritto:
>
> (I added the kde-bindings list to the CC, just in case).

I already linked this thread from there, so no need.

> IOW make a pykf5.itemmodels package with this setup
>
> pykf5/
> itemmodels/
> __init__.py
> <rest of files>
>
> notice that the pykf5 dir has no __init__.py file.

Thanks, this is the information I was looking for about that topic.

However, as the python 2 packages can not use that solution anyway, packages
will have to be split anyway.

> As for the rest, CMake's FindPythonInterp or FindPythonLibrary provides
> PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR, I think, and that should be IMO used for
> installing files. "dist-packages" is a Debianism, as I said on IRC.
> Neither Fedora nor openSUSE, for example (I doubt Arch as well) use that.

Yes.

> Have a look at the current PyKDE4 implementation for some hints, I think.

Can you be more specific what hints you want me to find there?

Thanks,

Steve.