Linters hammering KDE infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Apr 1 23:57:40 BST 2016

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at unl.edu> wrote:
> Ben,

Hi Rex,

> I've asked fedora infrastructure to look into the matter, and the issue is being tracked in this ticket:
> https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T760

Okay. Thanks for filing that.

> As an aside and fyi, we've been using
> tag in all of our kf5/plasma packaging, and now it seems it no longer works, but only redirects to top-level quickgit.kde.org (which is apparently what is going on here).
> Would it be possible to redirect to the right place, ie, something like https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=<module_name>.git  instead?

I've done something along those lines now, I think.
Hopefully it doesn't break too many other urls.

These pages are a bit cheaper on the system, but still have a cost
unfortunately.

> If not, we can certainly update all package URL: tags to https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=<module_name>.git instead:
> 1.  If  https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=<module_name>.git has reasonable assurances to exist for awhile (ie, so we won't have to go changing these tags again in the foreseeable future)
> 2.  unless anyone has a better suggestion for URL: tag for kf5/plasma packages ?

Phabricator projects perhaps, or a Wiki page?

> -- Rex
>
> p.s. my apologies for not seeing (and responding) to prior messages, I wasn't subscribed to this list (I may have missed announcement of it existing).  I've advised my fellow fedora/redhat packagers to subscribe as well.

Hmm, I wonder how many others missed the demise notification emails
for kde-packagers at kde.org...
An quick look based on the names I recognise indicates that some
distributions are certainly missing.

Cheers,
Ben