Digikam 9.0.0 doesn't write metadata in xmp files

Pierre DELGOVE dp8700 at zaclys.net
Fri Sep 11 10:06:48 BST 2026



Hi !

I have to add that the Collection I have worked on is on a USB HD.

After some search on the web,

- I've updated Digikam from 9.0.0 to 9.1.0 : same thing

- since I read that it may be related to the fact that Digikam doesn't 
have the permission to write on the disk, I created a new Album "Test" 
as a local Collection and moved in it within Digikam some pictures (raw 
files) which do not have any xmp files. I then changed some metadata 
(ratings) and then use the function "Write metadata into files".

It works. I.e, Digikam creates xmp files and updates metadata (rating in 
my example).

I tried to change permissions for the folder I use on the USB hard drive 
by : 

chmod -R u+w /folder

With

ls -l /folder

I can see that every xmp file is -rwxrwxrwx

But the problem is the same (Digikam doesn't create or write xmp files).

Better for me for the moment to copy the collection in the internal SSD 
drive in order to retrieve and copy metadata in my main drive (a NAS).

But I would like to know how to fix this problem.

Regards.

Pierre
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/attachments/20260911/36159e8b/attachment.htm>


More information about the Digikam-users mailing list