Digikam 9.0.0 doesn't write metadata in xmp files

Pierre DELGOVE dp8700 at zaclys.net
Thu Sep 10 21:04:02 BST 2026



Hi everybody !

I have this problem with Digikam 9.0.0 : it does not write metadata 
correctly in xmp files.

I does not even create xmp files for files which don't have one already.

In Settings / metadata :

- everything is checked in "write these informations in metadata"

- read and write in xmp files are checked. Writing is set to : Write in 
xmp file for read only file.

- side car files are compatible with commercial softwares

I have worked on an album of photos on a laptop an I can't transfer all 
the information I have set on another computer.

I can see changes I had done in Digikam, but it's not the same in xmp 
files.

I don't understand what's happening.

I use Kubuntu 26.04.

Thanks for helping.

Pierre
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/attachments/20260910/c42e9b7a/attachment.htm>


More information about the Digikam-users mailing list