Tags and JPEGS - reload wrong tags - suggestions?

digikam at boeziek.nl digikam at boeziek.nl
Tue May 21 12:59:33 BST 2024

I have indeed selected the option to be compatible with commercial programs. However, the RAW and JPG names are not identical as I continue numbering.
So PHOTO1.RAW, PHOTO2.JPG, PHOTO3.RAW and each with an accompanying .XMP file,
as in PHOTO1.XMP, PHOTO2.XMP, PHOTO3.XMP.

If the image files had the same name, like PHOTO1.RAW and PHOTO1.JPG then the PHOTO1.XMP would always be correct as it is written when adjusting the RAW file.

So somehow, you want either to ignore .XMP file when there is no RAW file with the same name or a better way I think would be to force to write to an existing .XMP file when you update a .JPG file.

Thank you,
Etienne