Unable to import images - suspect gphoto2 not installed. How to test?

Christoph Lieck christoph.lieck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 20:12:30 GMT 2024

Dear all,

I’m running digikam on MacOS 14.3.1 and I’m suffering from the „Empty Camera List“ bug as described here: https://www.mail-archive.com/kde-bugs-dist@kde.org/msg845325.html This is, when trying to add my Fujifilm X-T3 manually (which is supported) I can’t pick it from the list as the list is empty. Hence I’m unable to import images from camera through digikam.

I understood digikam leverages gphoto2 for importing and installs it together with the main application. However, if I type gphoto2 --list-ports in bash it says „unknown command gphoto2“, hence I suspect the library might not be installed properly. I’m not very familiar with this things so could this be the root cause of my problem and is there a way to test if gphoto2 is properly installed? What else could I try or investigate to make import working?

Thanks for your support!