rescan db for each new DK version

daj omu dajomu1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 22:16:20 GMT 2024

Hi,

All my photos are stored on a NAS and the path does not change.
Everytime I update to a new version of DK (now on 8.3.something), the
whole collection is scanned. It takes a lot of time.
Why does not DK use the existing thumbnail db and only scan again the
folders that have changed? I believe DK is using "file change
monitoring", but maybe that does not mean what I think it does.
I would expect that DK sees, even after an update or during a scan,
that the characteristics of Folder A on the NAS aligns with what is
registered in the thumbnail db for Folder A and then just load the
info stored in the thumbnail db. Or?

Dajomu