Restoring a photo does not restore tags

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 18:10:42 GMT 2024

In principle, the tags remain in the DB. When you delete an image, it is
marked as deleted in the database and is no longer part of the DB. When
restoring, an attempt is made to find the “old” database entry.
There are now several factors: the entries marked as deleted are also “cleaned
up” after a period of time. By copying the image beforehand, there are several
"matching" entries in the DB and the wrong entry is assigned without tags. So
it is not 100% certain that information that was only available in the DB will
be restored.

Maik