Similarity: keeping only Originals.

Corey Fedoravic V core5fedora at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 00:57:54 GMT 2024

Hi there. I realize this is crazy and out of left-field probably, but I do
sort-of follow this list. Not sure how I became a member, but I've
certainly used DigiKam. :)

Anyway, This "Similarity" idea. It immediately made me think of *Similarity
<https://www.similarityapp.com/analysis>*, the media detection software for
identifying "duplicate" audio files (e.g. That Live version of Ain't
Talkin' Bout Love that you have on mp3, .flac, and for some reason .wma.
Yeah, that little bugger gets in there every time!).

Indeed, he speaks of the audibles vs visuals. I suppose. But, it's still
ones and zeros, right?
The point is: He added an image analyzer (e.g. associated album art) for
you too! Similarity does a fantastic good job for audio media detection,
albeit human intervention required for ultimate destruction.
There's a free and paid version. The paid version "unlocks" some extra
algorithm which is allegedly "good enough" that you might decide to buy it.
dunno. I think you can use it for limited input. you'll get the idea. yes,
it's a Windows software, but I suppose so is DigiKam nowadays. ;)

Unlike a bit-perfect binary comparison (i think?) you might employ other
types of "duplicate file finder", it actually "listens" to the media for
its evaluation.
The same concept is employed on the image files. I wouldn't bother with
telling you, if I haven't been impressed with the resulting improvement in
my general quality of life. Also, because of the way the replicants mock
me. Ain't talkin' 'bout Love! Just like I told you before.
https://www.similarityapp.com/tutorial

You got to, got to, got to
got to breathe, baby!
~J S