Tag problem

Alberto Ponti alberto.ponti at ticino.com
Mon Apr 22 19:36:29 BST 2024

Hi,
I use Digikam (8.2 on Manjaro) to manage my skating photos. The archive built up over more
than 10 years comprises more than 500,000 photos and about 1200 tags. With Rsync I make
copy of archive to 2 external disks including a Samsung T9 that I use on the road.
When I'm travelling I use a laptop (Digikam 8.2 and Manjaro) and load the archive from T9
external hard disk connected as removable media.

Problem: on the laptop when updating the external drive all the 'new' tags are acquired but also
the deleted ones.
Whereas on the desktop PC I only find the revised tags correctly, on the laptop I also find tags
that have been deleted.
In addition, if I select files on the desktop PC and perform a "reload metadata  from file", the
deleted tags reappear.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks for help.
Alberto
PS translated with Deepl as italian is my mother language, I hope the text is understandable
--
www.iceskatingphoto.ch