open with

Frédéric Da Vitoria davito9w at free.fr
Tue Apr 16 13:30:02 BST 2024

Hello everyone,

I checked on my Windows 11 system, C:\Program Files\digiKam\data
contains no "applications" folder. I found quite a few *.desktop files,
but in seemingly unrelated folders (templates, themes, locale...) and
none of them contains the word gimp.

When I first used the Open With option, I found no preconfigured
application. I got an error message which I did not think of copying
because I thought I would be able to trigger it again. Now, when I use
Open With, I get a list obviously generated by Windows, containing
software installed on my system and suggesting Gimp (which is not bad at
all).

I would be perfectly happy using the Open With option this way, but I
was wondering why I did not have the "applications" folder. I have been
using (and upgrading) digiKam since 2020, so could this be because
somehow my installation got slightly broken somewhere along the way? Or
because I am using an non-admin user account?

Regards,

--
Frédéric Da Vitoria