additional infos for images

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 12 14:43:44 BST 2023

On vendredi 8 septembre 2023 18:15:33 CEST Mario Batz wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> Is there a way to save additional information such as item number, order
> number, year of manufacture, etc. in digikam for the images?
>
> It would be enough if this information was just in the database.
>
> I know this option in the ThumbsPlus software, which is unfortunately a bit
> outdated.
>
> Thx a lot.
>
> MfG
>
> Mario

How do you store those data in ThumbsPlus? I mean, can you create specific
fields for such information, or did you store it in a description field?

If the latter, you can do the same in digikam. But, you cannot specify your
own data fields, digikam only accepts (some of the) standard exif, iptc and
xmp tags. And you cannot modify the database scheme all that easily (which
would probably cause problems with the next update anyway).

I don't know how many different values you have to deal with. If only
relatively few, you could use tag trees (item_number/<xxx> ;  /order_number/
<xxx> ; etc.).

Remco