schema update to V 14 failed

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Sun May 14 16:45:04 BST 2023

Le 14/05/2023 à 12:52, Maik Qualmann a écrit :
> The update tries to create the "modificationDate" column in the "Albums" table,
> but it already exists. The cause is unclear, the digiKam4.db was already used
> with a newer digiKam version? The update has already been aborted and
> restarted?

many times, but always with the very same result (I can create a new
database, so it's only an update problem, not a basic digikam one)

> Install SQLiteBrowser, open digiKam4.db, go to Albums table and delete
> modificationDate column.

well, seems impossible. whatever system I try I get an error

with sqlitebrowser I get this messagebox

https://www.cjoint.com/doc/23_05/MEopNAqaOkk_Screenshot-20230514-171424.png

but I may have done things wrong, its not at all obvious (and stack
overflow don't help :-()

I have sqlite3 and a cli command would be the best thing

 > sqlite3 ALTER TABLE "Albums"."digikam4.db" DROP COLUMN modificationDate
Error: in prepare, near "TABLE": syntax error
   TABLE
   ^--- error here

thanks
jdd