Set lens make+model metadata

Frédéric Cordonier cordonier at hispeed.ch
Wed May 10 21:01:55 BST 2023

Hello,

With nowadays mirrorless cameras, it becomes possible and common to use
legacy lenses that cannot transmit metadata to cameras. In addition,
some of these lenses have their entries in lens correction tools
(lensfun) database. In order to make them recognized automatically by
raw converters (e.g. Darktable or ART), I would like to define lens
metadata in the image files. I found in Digikam the possibility to
define focal and aperture, but is there a way to define make and model?

I use Digikam 7.9.0 on Kubuntu and/or Digikam 8.0.0 on Windows 11.

Thanks,

Fred Cordonier