Rating compatible between Digikam, Darktable, RawTherapee and ART

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 11:22:38 BST 2023

Le ven. 31 mars 2023 à 12:07, Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> a écrit :

> On jeudi 30 mars 2023 11:42:10 CEST Benoit wrote:
> > Hello
> > Is there a solution to make color classification, labels, Rating compatible
> > between Digikam, Darktable, RawTherapee and ART, ?
> >
> > Or a plugin to write metadata for my favorite raw image processing software,
> > between free software?
>
> I only use digikam and darktable. Between these two, ratings exchange
> correctly, as do tags, captions and descriptions (terms from digikam).
> You may have to set up digikam so that it prefers the proper xmp tags for
> correct transfer (see what darktable writes, and use that as first choice for
> reading and writing in digikam).
>
> Colour labels do not transfer with the versions I use, which is
> understandable: digikam only allows one colour label, where darktable allows
> combinations (e.g. purple and blue together).

Well, as I see in Adobe products when Labels have been implemented in
DK, only one color can be assigned to an image, and i think it's
enough, else representation in GUI will become a rainbow.

In digiKam 8.0.0, there is a profile for the metadata sharing with
other photo management applications. The settings can be exported and
imported in digiKam through the metadata advanced setup panel.
DarkTable is supported as a profile. Look online documentation here :

 https://docs.digikam.org/fr/setup_application/metadata_settings.html#advanced-settings

Other profiles can be created if you use another application (such as
Photostation, Acdsee, LR, etc..). Just set up the advanced metadata
for your needs, and export the settings to a profile file. We can add
this file (INI text based) to digiKam as well. Just share the file in
a bug report...

Best