Rating compatible between Digikam, Darktable, RawTherapee and ART

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 31 11:06:50 BST 2023

On jeudi 30 mars 2023 11:42:10 CEST Benoit wrote:
> Hello
> Is there a solution to make color classification, labels, Rating compatible
> between Digikam, Darktable, RawTherapee and ART, ?
>
> Or a plugin to write metadata for my favorite raw image processing software,
> between free software?

I only use digikam and darktable. Between these two, ratings exchange
correctly, as do tags, captions and descriptions (terms from digikam).
You may have to set up digikam so that it prefers the proper xmp tags for
correct transfer (see what darktable writes, and use that as first choice for
reading and writing in digikam).

Colour labels do not transfer with the versions I use, which is
understandable: digikam only allows one colour label, where darktable allows
combinations (e.g. purple and blue together).

Remco