Can't run 7.9 or 7.10 AppImage on Ubuntu Lunar (23.04)

Hans-Peter Huth hans-ph at web.de
Tue Mar 28 20:14:13 BST 2023

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 18:45:35 +0200
Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First the digiKam AppImage is compiled under Ubuntu 18.04 for binary
> compatibility. So, it must be compatible with recent Ubuntu versions,
> at least at run time.

Not sure if this relates, but i have issues on Manjaro. I did post this
before, but here again:

[hph at hackbrett4 Appimg]$ export QT_LOGGING_RULES="digikam*=true"
[hph at hackbrett4 Appimg]$ ./digiKam-7.10.0-x86-64.appimage
-- digiKam Linux AppImage Bundle
-- Use 'help' as CLI argument to know all available options for digiKam
application. -- Notes: to integrate this bundle to your desktop, use
AppImageLauncher. --        to enable all debug messages on the console,
use 'export QT_LOGGING_RULES="digikam*=true"'. --        to extract the
bundle contents locally, use option '--appimage-extract' on the command
line. -- Detected host Linux manjarolinux-64-22..5 -- AppImage mounted
directory: /tmp/.mount_digiKamSaEba Check library libudev.so.0
Check library libxcb-dri3.so.0
Check library libcrypto.so.1.1
Check library libssl.so.1.1
Check library libnss3.so
Check library libnssutil3.so
Check library libsmime3.so
Check library libgmodule-2.0.so.0
-- Preloading shared libs:
:/tmp/.mount_digiKamSaEba/usr/lib/libavif.so.13:/usr/lib64/libxcb-dri3.so.0:/usr/lib64/libnss3.so:/usr/lib64/libnssutil3.so:/usr/lib64/libsmime3.so:/usr/lib64/libgmodule-2.0.so.0
/tmp/.mount_digiKamSaEba/AppRun: Zeile 203: 16904 Speicherzugriffsfehler
(Speicherabzug geschrieben) digikam $@

Any hints? Same behavior for older 7.10 and 7.9 versions,
digiKam-7.8.0-20220828T133307-x86-64.appimage and the native Manjaro
version, 7.9., start and run fine.

HP

--
Why taunt me? Why upbraid me? I am merely a genius, not a god.