problem with tags in hierarchy

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 11:54:32 BST 2023

Hi all

I have a strange behavior with the hierarchical tags

I wanted to set a tag externaly in DXO and then expecting to see it in
Digikam (using DK 7.10 under windows 10) with the correct hierarchy but
I that wasn't the case in DK
So I did  the same with 2 tags in 2 different hierarchy and I see a
different result depending on the tag I used.
In one case the tag is well presented in its hierarchy in DK (seen in
the caption) but for the other it is presented as a flat list

when I check the XMP the <lr:hierarchicalSubject> is consistent as well
as the <dc:subject>, but in the <digiKam:TagsList> I see only the
hierachical tag which is correctly presented  but not the one which is
presented as a flat list

I can share off line the XMP file

in the settings / metadata/ advanced / tag the order is the following :
dc.subject, then  digikam.Taglists, microsoftphoto,
lr.hierarchicalSubject, mediapor, acdsee, IPTC.application,
exifimage.Xpkeywords

thanks for your help

Frederic