[digiKam-users] Copy file path and name to clipboard from thumbs view

Shel Ritter shelritterbmw at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 05:05:00 GMT 2023

Hey Robert ,

I was interested in seeing how people might respond to this question. I
was surprised at Gilles's answer as I've never seen an option to copy an
image file path in my older v7.3.0,  wondering if it was a feature added
in a newer build. I'm running it in Windows 7 and that 'Copy' menu
option does just copy the image as would be expected. When I want to get
the actual path to a file, I right-click a thumbnail and select the
'Open In File Manager' menu option which brings up Windows Explorer at
the folder that contains the file. I would think Linux would bring up
whatever file manager you have installed.

Shel