General Performance Issues Viewing Large Pictures

Tonio Kroeger tonio.kroeger1903 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:37:01 BST 2023

With digiKam-8.1.0-20230628T051819-x86-64.appimage I get Memory available
62.4 GiB and Image cache size 1.0 GiB.

Behavior is now exactly how you describe. Next image is shown very fast,
immediately clicking next again results in longer delay.

For sorting my "family photos" I am absolutely happy with that behavior.
And actually this is my main task :-)

When I curate my birding pictures more caching maybe would make sense.
Birding in my case means I have bursts of photos, often several hundret
very similar pictures. Typically I delete all but 1%. I do this by skipping
through the pictures in 100%-view.

Best wishes and thanks for this great software!

Tonio