bookworm killed digikam import

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Jun 24 19:51:55 BST 2023

Greetings all;

running the appimage of 7.8 or 8.0, I've lost the ability to download
the pix I can see in my camera. Both worked flawlessly in debian
bullseye, but not since upgrading to bookworm. Do I have the wrong
appimage (the same one that worked in bullseye as /home is separate and
was not formatted during the bookworm install) now? Formerly xfce4, now
gnome since xfce4 and wayland have problems yet.  gnomes appearance has
improved a lot since I last tried it.

Suggestions please.  And thanks

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)