Problem Writing Metadata.

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 07:00:29 BST 2023

The digiKam-8.0.0 version can be used, the problem is rare but it has been
reported by a user. In case the metadata of an image in Exiv2 throws an
exception (warning or error) we read the metadata container with ExifTool from
digiKam-8.0.0 onwards. Depending on the content of the metadata, there may be
a loss of metadata here.

Regardless, if you are using one of our bundles (Windows or AppImage) I would
currently switch to the pre-release version. We have integrated the modern
widget style Breeze (selectable in the digiKam setup under Miscellaneous->
Appearance).

Maik