[digiKam-users] digikam database on external drive

Dmitri Popov dmpop at tokyoma.de
Mon Jan 30 08:57:20 GMT 2023

Hi,

digiKam Recipes author here. :-)

> For performance and technical reasons relevant of SQLite, you cannot use removable media.

Where do you see this? Because the note I think you're referring to reads as follows:

For performance and technical reasons relevant of SQLite, you cannot use a media from the network.

That is, the notes talks about network storage, not external media.

In any case, I stand by the description in the book: I've been using a setup with both the photo library and databases residing on an external USB SSD for ages with zero problems.

Kind regards,
Dmitri
---
Camera, code, coffee - https://cameracode.coffee/