[digiKam-users] 8.0.0 Pre-Release Database Compatibility

Marc Palaus marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:14:56 GMT 2023

Hi,

talking just from my anecdotal experience, I have been using the 8.0.0
previews for several weeks now and I didn't have any problems regarding
the database, the program just opened as usual and I could already see
my photos. From a user perspective it's no different from opening a 7.x
version, no visible migration or anything.

I even accidentally opened the 7.9 version more than once afterwards,
and I didn't have a single issue either.

So yeah, make a backup of your database, but personally I wouldn't
worry, things just worked for me.

El 16/2/23 a les 10:56, Bob Bourg ha escrit: