[digiKam-users] Canon RF 70-200/2.8L IS USM

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:42:32 GMT 2023

Thanks for the test image. That's strange. The lens information is different in
the Exif and Makernotes.
In the Makernotes CanonCs, digiKam finds the wrong type with F4. But it gets
even better, ExifTool even recognizes a completely different lens in the
Makernotes: "LensType : Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM or other Canon RF Lens.
Is the firmware of your camera and/or lens up to date?
We can change the order of metadata when detecting the lens for Canon. I'll
have to check the bug report, I think we've had a similar problem before.

Maik