[digiKam-users] Recover Images from DB

Wesley Smith wss7932 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:15:02 GMT 2023

A couple of years ago, I managed to loose an entire library of close to 100,000 photos.  I used Digikam to manage the library and as a result (with some help from you guys) I was able to recover some very low resolution copies from the thumbnail globs, as I still had the database.
Having said that, the one thing I’ve had issues with, and I thought with enough time I could resolve manually, is that all of the metadata and the converted glob names don’t match what is in the database.
If I open the db with digikam right now, I can see all of the images, as if I had never lost them (update is disabled).  If I click on one of them then it shows all of the exif data and file type etc.
Is there a way for me to try and re-export and convert all of these, while keeping the metadata that is retained in the db and applying it to the newly extracted files?  At a minimum, is it possible to re-export and convert the globs but, keep the name as it appears in Digikam?

WS