[digiKam-users] Import does not recognize existing images

Nino nino.kettlitz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:17:35 GMT 2023

Thank you Maik for the quick response.

> Otherwise, the unique digiKam file hash may already have changed after
the import due to metadata operations during the import, e.g. document name
was written or automatic image rotation.
This is not the case, since my script computes the hash in the same way as
Digikam does (i.e. uniqueHashV2) and I can clearly find all the images.

> Since we already started redesigning the import process in
digiKam-8.0.0-Beta,
> it would be possible to check for the unique digiKam file hash after
importing
> the file. However, this would require that all import options that would
modify
> the file are disabled and that the original file in the digiKam Album has
never
> been modified
That's actually my use case. I'm using Digikam mainly as an image database
and don't modify images nor metadata.

> This is not really user friendly. A solution with our duplicates search
is more conceivable.
My problems with duplicate search are:
1. It's quite slow to generate the fingerprints
2. It's quite cumbersome to remove the duplicates one by one.
I have a lot of duplicates in my Database and I need to have some automated
way of doing this. Maybe I can re-write my script to be based on
fingerprints instead of unique hash.

Cheers,
Nino