Digikam recursive tags

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 14:45:19 GMT 2023

Hi,

If you change the disk to host collection, the UUID has changed. This
identifier is used in the database to point on the right disk on the
system. Identifiers are unique, computed with a complex algorithm.

So you need to update the UUID entries in the database for each collection.

Typically, here under Linux, when I upgrade a disk, digiKam does not
find the UUID on the system and it asks me for the new one from a
list.

There is also a way in the setup/collection to run manually this UUID
selector. Look the online doc, especially the Update buttons:

https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/collections_settings.html

Best

Gilles Caulier