How Do I Avoid Unneeded".tif_original" Files?

plowmail2010 at gmail.com plowmail2010 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 21:05:16 GMT 2023

FALSE ALARM!!!
Not a DigiKam issue.

It's a Bob issue.  I did not see the info on "_original" in the help
text for exiftool:
"...To copy or move metadata, the -tagsFromFile feature is used. By
default the
     original files are preserved with "_original" appended to their
names..."

Shame on me for blaming DigiKam. I ran one exiftool command amid much
DigiKam gymnastics,
and didn't notice its generous help.  It didn't occur to me that
exiftool would do something I did not tell it to do.
Mea culpa.

Bob