8.2 crash when manually face tagging

Eric Rosset eric.rosset at swiss-technic.org
Sun Dec 3 17:46:51 GMT 2023

Right after installing 8.2 from 8.1 on W10 machine, I manually tagged a
jpg picture by manually drawing the box, but as soon as I typed a letter
in the naming box, digikam crashed immediately and closed.

Went back to 8.1, the picture had the box and I have then been able to
type in, selecting the right person in the drop down menu.

I gave 8.2 a second chance, but got the same crash behavior again on an
other picture. So I'll work with 8.1 for a while.

I noticed that the 8.2 installer doesn't remove 8.1 as I believe it was
usually the case.

I also noticed that the splash screen for 8.2 takes a lot of time on the

Thank you so much for this software, it's my daily companion !

Eric